Direct Access to Women’s Health Services
Serra Medical Group assures that members have direct access to in network obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN) and other women’s health services, including routine and preventive services.
Members do not need to obtain a referral prior to receiving OB/GYN care, preventive women’s health services/specialists, and/or specialist care services within the network
SCMC arranges for specialty care outside of the provider network when SCMC’s network providers are unavailable or inadequate to meet a member’s medical needs.
- Members that need OB/GYN preventive care, are pregnant or have a gynecological concern, may self-refer to an OB/GYN physician, Family Practice Physician or Surgeon who provides such services within the network.
- SCMC will assist members by providing a list of available physicians who can provide services.
- The provider must consult with the member’s primary care physician regarding the members condition and treatment plan.
- No prior authorization is needed to obtain the above services within SCMC’s network.
- Members have a right to self-refer for a screening mammography.